Saturday, November 08, 2008

Empty shell boxes in the trash tonight

Was a little slow in the morning with just a few ducks giving us a look. With the wind as high as it was, we had a problem getting the duck decoys set to where we could get a shot. Once they conquered that problem, the fun begun. Again only the fist and second shot may have hit it’s mark, but we had fun filling the sky with steel, anyway. Then shortly past noon the goose choir tuned up and the Canada’s, started to decoy. Again I just have to marvel at the sights, of these magnificent birds decoy into our spread. I have been blessed with viewing this sight several times in my life time and I know I am very lucky, to be granted this privilege. They just can hang there in that wind and sometimes they drop their feet way out off the lake, as the settle into your spread. We did have a few Cacklers, but the majority was the big birds. Also the bag had, about two geese for every duck and that is about the same ratio on harvest from each flock. Not for sure on either because they were out trying to pick up a couple of sailors, and am not sure of the final count. I can tell you that we had about 30 Canada’s and about 18 ducks. Now that may have changed some on their attempt on the ones that sailed out. I know they come in with some but I was involved in the picture taking, and farewell greeting, and missed out on what they brought in, on the four wheeler. Have to say was great day in the blind. Just have to tell about one shot on ducks. Pappa Goose called the shot, and we were just a little slow getting up, and the ducks were getting higher, so he decided we should not shoot and tried to stop the shot before anyone shot. Well just as he got "To Late" out of his mouth, a couple of shot rang out, and two birds got hit very hard. They were a couple of long shot and I think there were about the hardest hit birds all day.

A great shoot and the Huskers won, what more could a man asked for.

Well this is Saturday night and I need to close this, so I can go feed and water the Sweet One.

So say a prayer for all the brave soles that are protecting out rights, tonight and every night.
See Ya Carl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Then shortly past noon the goose choir tuned up and the Canada's, started to decoy. Again I just have to marvel at the sights, of these ... goosedecoysfullbody.blogspot.com