Thursday, November 09, 2006

There is no picture tonight of the shoot today. Did have a few hunters and the total bag is not what it should be, but it was one great day. There were Canada’s, Canada’s, and more Canada’s, but before them we had several flocks of Ducks. Mallards Ducks. We had ducks right in there this morning and there wasn’t anything much falling. Followed by some Canada’s, with the same results. Anyway we had a pretty good bag for a days hunt. There is a lot of days when you left the pits, and had a bag of 10 big boys and 5 Mallards you would be happy. We seen so much game today that, that seem like we had a bad day. I think we had nearly 20 flocks of Canada’s and I guess there even more flocks of Mallards. Now remember that is what we seen, not what we got to decoy. With the north East wind we had everything right in our face when we shot too.

It was a fun day, especially with the missing, know one could point an laugh, even though we did. If you didn’t miss every once in a while it would not be fun to go hunting.

Had some guys that were hunting for the first time for the season and I know it takes a round or so to get into the swing of things, but that is know excuse for me.
I think I have figured out my shooting problem (need a bigger crowd and more shooters in pits). No, after one go-a-round with only noise, I kept the gun to my shoulder and I wasn’t getting the stock up on my shoulder where it should be. On next go-a-round I felt a little better about my shooting, so let’s see what goes tomorrow.

We had the feeling, that this little cold front pushed some bird down for us, and it should be good again tomorrow. Sure hope so, we have a pretty good crowd tomorrow.

Say a little prayer for all the troops tonight and please check back

See Ya Carl

No comments: